Thursday, December 12, 2013

Writing Response

The writing process for me was a bit difficult starting off because I couldn't figure out what i wanted to talk about.  I had a general idea, but I didn't have it specified. As I began my essay, I started by making an outline. I wrote my thesis first, then began to create an outline. I wrote out my ideas for each paragraph and began to write. I started with the intro paragraph, then began the body. During the writing process, I had difficulty figuring out the wording for my sentences. I had the ideas, but couldn't figure out how to explain it. After writing I proofread and fixed all of the errors that i found. What went well for me in this essay was my word choice. I believe that the vocabulary I chose to use in this essay helped to further and better explain what I wanted to say. The new goals I have for essay writing is higher level sentence construction and better idea development. I am able to know general ideas, but i takes a lot longer for me to put it down on paper. I think the best idea that I came up with in this essay was the idea of Gertrude's superiority in the film with Ethan Hawke because I feel that I had the most information to show how Gertrude displays her self-righteousness. Having a film essay is very different than most essays I've written previously because even though you can quote what is being said in the film, what is the most important is being able to give the reader a visual image of what you were seeing on the screen. In many ways this is a more difficult essay because you cannot use the text to back up the ideas that you have presented to the reader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment