In second semester I hope to be able to analyze and understand the important parts of the novels as well as assigned textbook reading. Having this skill will allow me to develop my own ideas and opinions on the reading and be more open to sharing my ideas. I hope to also have developed a greater interest in reading, so that both assigned reading will be more enjoyable and I will be more inclined to discover books that I can read for pleasure. For college, skim reding is an important skill that I need to be able to learn and use. At the moment, I tend to want to read every sentence to find information because I feel that I may miss an important idea that will be discussed or tested on. Learning the skill of skim reading will allow me to get more accomplished in a short amount of time.
Essay writing is challenging for me because sometimes I have many ideas, but no way to express them in the manner that I would like. I want to learn to write a more concise, elaborate, and in-depth essay that fully explains my ideas. I also want out learn to have my ideas be connected more coherently from the thesis to conclusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment